7 SEO Tips And Tricks You Need To Know For 2018
Once upon a time it was easy to get started in the world of SEO. This was because it was a lawless land, where marketers could bend and mold the will of Google as they wanted.
Gone are those days. For years now it has been more about keeping up with the rules of Google than learning how to bend it. Every few months the rules change again, and marketers scramble to salvage their websites before they lose traction on search results. What was true a year ago may not be true today.
That’s why we’ve compiled the 7 SEO tips and tricks you need to know for 2018. The following tips still work today, and hopefully will for the first half of the year and more.
- Practice good keyword density. Your keywords should fit into your content naturally. Don’t overstuff them, as you will be penalized for this.
- Pick high-volume, low competition keywords, when possible. You want keywords that are commonly searched for, but are not often written about. This will give you an edge in the search results and get you most of the traffic.
- Back links are not going out of style, but beware. Your back links should ideally be from sites that have a better reputation then your site has.
- Understand the difference between Follow and NoFollow. The most valuable links are Follow links from high authority websites, but NoFollow links from high authority sites still have value. But keep your ratio of Follow:NoFollow as high as possible.
- Become an authority. The more authoritative you are about your subject, the more favorably you will be ranked. Get upvotes, organic links, and plenty of reader interaction. Be sure to use Google’s tools, such as Google+, YouTube, and more.
- Update your website frequently. This will help you maintain your authority and keep your content fresh. You should update at least once a week with a high quality, unique article. Make sure it is relevant to your topic and practices good keyword density.
- Is anyone visiting your site?. Google wants to show the best sites, first. A busy restaurant is probably serving a better experience (be it food, ambiance, price, etc.) than one where nobody is in the dining room. Be sure you are actually getting traffic. If you need help, give us a call!
These are the 7 SEO tips and tricks that will get you started in 2018. But like with any other list, be prepared for some radical changes down the line.